Postpartum?

im 35 weeks pregnant and me and my fiance argue alot. sometimes over little things but were still madly in love. i cry like crazy when i get mad or sad. and some times i just get really depressed. is it possible its postpartum or is postpartum only after the baby?

angel_hrndz

Asked by angel_hrndz at 9:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Post-partum means after birth but it is possible to have depression during pregnancy as well. It could also be your hormones which can make you feel very emotional.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• postpartum is after you have the baby.. but being emotional is very normal during pregnancy
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• thank you. Its my first pregnancy and i really don't know anything
    angel_hrndz

Comment by angel_hrndz (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I've been there. With my first I cried about everything and my husband and I fought about everything. I was very emotional and some times I felt so depressed. But everything turned out fine and I didnt have postpartum depression. Its normal to be extremely emotional during pregnancy especially at the end because your anxious, nervous, uncomfortable and just plain ready to be done and hold your baby. Everything will be ok. If you start to feel really depressed after baby is born talk to your doctor to find out if you have postpartum depression and see what you can do to make it better. Hope this helps :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2011