Am I an awful person?

So my son (3) loves going to my dad's, and him and my step mom love having him. Everything should be great except that my dad and brother smoke pot (apparently they both have medical marijuana cards). I was told that it was not done while my son was there, but after being there a few times where I knew they were doing it I told them today that I no longer felt comfortable with my son going over there.

They are still sticking to the story that it's not done while he is there even though I know that it is. I know I'm doing the best thing for my son because I don't want him exposed to that but I still feel like the worst person ever today. I told them that if they could guarantee that it wouldn't happen by ANYONE, ANYWHERE in the house while my son was there he could go, but for some reason they just won't agree to that. I know it's their house but it's my son and I have to keep him away from that.

So am I an awful person. I know this hurt my dad and step mom and will hurt my son when I tell him he can't go over. I don't mind them coming over here to see my son either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ur kid, ur choice!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• honestly, if it was me....i'd make a deal....i would just tell them not in the house when ds was there, not where he can see them smoke it or smell it. they do have rx's for it.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I told them, he could go over if no one did it while my son was there. They don't do it in front of him but even though it's a decent sized house, you can smell it strong through the whole house when they do it upstairs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• that would mean, they can go in the backyard, keep the curtains closed, go for a walk, ect so ds cant see/smell and they'd be able to smoke. grandma could keep an eye on ds while they do that. win win
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'd rather not have my dad be high while he is watching my son though. he's never over there for long, it shouldn't be hard to go a day without smoking.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't allow my child to be exposed to that either. Maybe, you could have them over to your house more often, so they can still visit with your son.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Not only would I not allow my child over there while they were smoking pot but I wouldn't allow my kid to be there while they were high.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Not only would I not allow my child over there while they were smoking pot but I wouldn't allow my kid to be there while they were high; my SIL tried pulling this when my oldest was younger and I told her to pull over and let us out of the car and she could do whatever she wanted--she saw nothing wrong with doing this in front of her children or if they were in the car but I did
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2011