When did you realize your parents weren't really in sync with your generation?

For instance....

The first time my sister and I asked my mother to "change the song on the CD", she attempted to flip it over. You know, like a record. :)

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 9:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• When my mom thought she had to listen to a whole cd instead of fast forwarding to the song she wanted

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My mom is only 19 yrs older than I am, so she has always been in sync with me.

I, on the other hand, had my son at 37, so unless I stay on top of things, I am going to be one of those out-of-the-loop moms really soon.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• When I told my dad to click on the word "File" in the top left corner of his computer screen, and he spent 5 minutes moving the mouse everywhere BUT the top left corner. That was about 15 years ago. He still has that old 2G hard drive computer, with the Windows 98 upgrade.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My Teens
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My mom's pretty good, it's my dad who struggles though he'll never admit it. I remember years and years ago a Smashing Pumpkins song came on the radio, I was maybe 11 or 12 at the time and I was like "Oh I love this song!" and turned it up. He listens for a music (because he thinks anything after 1970 is heavy metal screamo music) and he says he likes this song too. I asked him if he knew who it was and he says "Yeah! The Pumpkin Smashers!" It was really cute.
    Just in the past few years he learned how to text. The first text he sent me proclaiming he finally figured it out looked exactly like this:
    "HEYITHINKIGOTTHEHANGOFTHIS!"
    I give him an A for effort :)
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I was number 5 of 6 kids. I was born when my parents were in their late thirties.

My parents are forever stuck in the 1940s.

I was bound and determined not to be that type of parent. My kids friends tell my boys that we are such cool parents. Funny thing is, my boys have always had chores to do and I am very big on knowing where they are and what they are doing and who they are doing it with.

At work a couple of months ago, one of our interns told me " YOU ARE REALLY COOL FOR AN OLD CHICK" I took it as a compliment!!!!!!!!!!

earlier that day this same intern thought I was 15 yrs younger than I actually am!!!!!!
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 11:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011