31 weeks and 5 days pregnant i have a question about the cervix help?

okay so i am 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant....i was wondering about the cervix....when i went for my first appointment ever my doctor told me my cervix was narrow that it is possible to have a c section....my question is is there anyway to widen my cervix or will it stay narrow throughout my pregnancy. i don't want to have a c section. so can you help on giving me information on cervix anything at all. as soon as possible. because if there is something i can do i want to do it.

Warrenbaby

Asked by Warrenbaby at 9:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There isn't anything that you can do for a narrow cervix but it seems a little premature for your doctor to start talking about c-section.

I wouldn't opt for a c-section unless I had progressed during labor and THEN they determined that baby would be in distress if they didn't do a c-section. Too many doctors will jump on the c-section bandwagon when it's not medically necessary. It is surgery after all, not just a part of nature.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• well i was told this at 10 weeks and 3 days so i was just wondering. and trying to figure out if there is anything i can do and what are my chances of having him vaginally with a narrow cervix
    Warrenbaby

Comment by Warrenbaby (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have never heard of this but I would assume that you could try vaginally and then if the baby doesn't progress get the c section. That is what happened to me, my daughter decided she wanted to flip in the birth canal while I was pushing and she got stuck...
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• *In* labor your cervix will adjust.
    It dilates and effaces, "melts" back behind baby, doesn't just "stretch."

What kind of a birth do you want?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i just want to have him vaginally...haven't decided on meds or not. but i def want him vaginally
    Warrenbaby

Comment by Warrenbaby (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sounds like you need to make your wishes clear to your medical provider... Wanting to have your child vaginally, without surgical intervention unless medically necessary IS a wonderfully valid choice.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Women have been giving birth for years without all the c sections they do thaws days. If your baby isn't in danger, I say trust your body to do what it's built to do!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011