changing clothes

can u change out of the hospital rob thing after u have the baby or do u have to stay in it???
also did ur hospital let u walk around the meterity ward after u had the baby if so could u bring the baby with u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had a c-section, but they let me put on my own clothes after a day, and after a c-section they come in every 6 or so hours and MAKE you walk. I never took the baby with me but as long as your not carrying them im sure they wont mind if you roll them around.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• After my delivery, I didn't feel like changing. Plus, with all the bleeding, I prefered to dirty up the hospital gowns! After two potty trips, they removed the IV and I was free to do what I please -- move, change, etc. I was allowed to walk around and push baby around -- just not allowed to carry the baby outside the room for security reasons.
    Anonymous

• they told me i could change into my own clothes, but i was so tired, i didnt care to. after the epi wore off i was free to walk around ask i please, but not to carry the baby outside of the room....but i could roll him around in his cart thing.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 5:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• For about the first 12 hours or so, I would stay in the hospital gown, just because of the bleeding and the fact that they check on you so much during that time. After that, I always got to take a shower and change as I felt (and I was more comfortable in my own clothes). As for taking the baby out, I was allowed, but as others said, they had to be in the bassinet thing.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 6:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008