when should i feed my 3 week old son

i feel like im feeding him way to much i feed him 4 oz bottles should i make his bottles bigger

chelseynbraden

Asked by chelseynbraden at 11:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through the same thing with my oldest so my pediatrician had me start him on rice cereal at 2 weeks old, I made it real soupy but I was able to feed him with a spoon but you can put it in his bottle, you just have to make the hole bigger. I fed him cereal 3 times a day and he was never hungry again, he also slept through the night.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would say no. I only say no because if you overfeed your LO can start having reflux. I am always an advocate for feed less more often. Talk to your pedi about putting cereal in your LO's bottle. It also depends on the baby. Some babies go through big growth spurts where they will jump up a couple of ounces and then drop back down. My daughter is 4 months old and she will occasionally jump up to 8-10 ounce bottles for a couple of days and then she'll drop back down to 4 ounce bottles.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Feed him until he is full try 4 if not go with 5
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 10:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2008