• In the Spotlight:

My EX used to hit me, do i let him see our baby?

My babies daddy went to jail when i was 4 months pregnant, he didn't get out til Summer was 3 months, he has always had a short temper and would strike out and hit me, when he got out of jail it was alright for 2 weeks. then he got REALLY bad, he didn't hit Summer, just me, i left him, i live in another state then him now, my daughter Summer is now 10 months, he has been wanting to see her and says he loves us and wants us to be a family, i will never be WITH him, but he wants to see his daughter, do i let him? and if i do do i need to monitor there time? after all he IS her Dad.

Trinity32188

Asked by Trinity32188 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hello sunshine,

Well first off let me apologize for what has occured with you and your partner. I do Hope and wish you hold your head up in this matter and do not allow it to get you down. What don't kill you will always make you strong if you allow it. I'm a father and I would say yes you should allow your children to see their father. Its only right that they do, but no right that he think he has the right to lay his hands on you at any time. No matter how bad it sounds but the father has right to his children and you can't take that from him. Now the hands on you issue is a different story and he should try that with a grown man and see how far it goes.

Again stay strong sunshine!
    cmw1612

Answer by cmw1612 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Definitely a monitor ( a third party) to be there. You don't want to be badgered into getting back together, nor do you want him to run off with her. Sounds like he isn't a stable man, yet I can understand his wanting to see his child, but he needs to clean up and behave and/or be held accountable for his past.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• if you decide to let him see her i would have it be a superviced vist and let him see her lil after lil of time untill he shows he would never hurt her
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i THiNK THAT YOU SHOULD MONiTOR THEiR TiME TOGETHER. CAUSE iF HE HiTS YOU THEN YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT HE MiGHT DO WiTH YOUR DAUGHTER. WHAT HAPPENS THE DAY WHEN SUMMER iS CRYiNG AND HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT TO DO ? AND PLUS YOU SAID THAT HE iS SHORT TEMPERED. SO iN MY OPiNiON i THiNK THAT YOU SHOULD REALLY THiNK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOiNG.
    LAZSMOM

Answer by LAZSMOM at 5:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2008