Does anyone take laxitives? Or diuretics?

What kind do you take? How do they work for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• sometimes i have to take miralax. i feel that my gi tract doesn't move normally after my c-sections (i have had 3, but the problem started after the first one). i dont' feel the urge to go so it makes it easy to forget and that leads to constipation. but taking laxitives and diuretics for weight loss is not a good way to lose weight and not a good idea
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• yes, I take a narural vegatable laxities and diuretic from the diet section.
    I have problems with bowels and should use miralax now that is it avalable over the counter.
    As for the diuestics, i use them durning that time of the month for bloating.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Obviously you have not read about how dangerous it is to take laxatives for weight loss. I will attach a LINK: http://www.ehow.com/about_5370509_laxatives-weight-loss.html

please read the LINK.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I take a prescription diuretic, but not daily. It works great for me.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Heck no! Right now I am having some tummy problems and it's like I have taken them. I would not intentionally force my body into this agony.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have read the info & to be quite honest, I really don't give a damn. I want to lose weight & it's not coming off fast enough. So yes, I will probably take them. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences to share.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• for tummy problems you should use an probiotic over the counter.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• So weight loss is more important than your long term health? Consider that if you choose to lose weight this way, that weight loss will be TEMPORARY, and every pound will come back, often plus more, which means you'll have to lose weight all over again. Also, diuretics can leads to electrolyte imbalances when abused, which can lead to heart, kidney and other problems, and laxatives can lead to GI problems. Both can also stop working for you, which means you have to take more and more of them, and you'll become dependent on both in order to pee or poop. Glamorous, right? Frankly, I think you need to find a support group or a counselor for people with eating disorders, because that's exactly where you're headed if you plan to resort to these measures.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• So sad...you could try eating real food and exercise, but I guess that's too hard for you?
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011