HOW CAN i HANDLE A DEMANDiNG ONE YEAR OLD WHiLE BEGiN PREGNANT?

MY SON iS GOiNG THROUGH THE TERRiBLE TWO'S A LiTTLE EARLY. iM 7 MONTHS PREGNANT AND MY SON STRESSES ME OUT.HE iS NOT LiSTENiNG AND THROWiNG HiS TOYS AND REFUSiNG HiS NAPS.

LAZSMOM

Asked by LAZSMOM at 5:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My best answer is to spend some time alone with him it may be that hes acting out to get some attention. If hes refusing to nap try laying down with him and take one too....if your anything like me naps were fabulous when i was pregnant...or maybe hes teething or getting a cold and hes just so uncomfortable hes getting frustrated.
    Deesworld

Answer by Deesworld at 6:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh dear sounds just like me. My baby was nine months old when I got pregnant and was 1 by the time I was five months along. She was driving me crazy. Bouncing on me, kicking me, yelling...I didn't know what to do. The only thing I found that worked was to get her more involved. I would have her talk to my belly, kiss it, rub it. I would try and do things with her that weren't so demanding on my body like read, eat, or go on a walk with her. There's not much you can do. but stick it out with all the patience you have. It's not going to be easy, but it's worth it in the end. Good luck and if you want someone to complain too I'm here. I'm pregnant with number three and I have a 20 month old and a 4 month old...lol we'll see how that goes.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Just take it one day at a time. I'm 7 months pregnant with a 1 year old as well as a 5, 7, 8 and 10 year olds. Just play with him and give him attention, that generally kids kids out of trouble.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I guess ask family to help out? Or just suck it up. Why in such a hurry? I could not imagine taking away attention from my one y/o to have another baby!
    Renee21

Answer by Renee21 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My children are 21 months apart and I found that when I included my son in my "chores" he was much better. I let him help me mix up his own ingredients when I was making meals, he helped me sweep and do laundry.
    Tanna26

Answer by Tanna26 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008