Doesn't anyone know what having tact means these days?

I'm just curious bc it seems like everyone I meet these days aren't tactful at all. I'm tired of it. VERY tired of it. Its like I'm so supportive and nice to whatever people say and do even if I disagree and people just come out & are just plain rude to me. I'm done with it.

loudnproud87

Asked by loudnproud87 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• If you mean in online interactions, I think it has a lot to do with the anonymity, as the above reply says, and the lack of accountability, but also the desire to cause drama or at least disregard if it does cause a bit of argument.

In real-life interactions, though, some people are just asses. I try to avoid them. Perhaps its due to a busy lifestyle, a pre-occupation with making money and being "successful " - people lose sight of the importance of day to day "being nice". But there are lots of nice people in the world too. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• well, there's a fine line between being tactful and being fake. likewise there is a fine line between being frank and being rude. sometimes it's just a matter of personality how you see it (or how you deal it).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It's the internet. There is no accountability when you are online so people tend to be the side of themselves that they would be ashamed of in a public situation. It's the anonymity of it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I am with you. There are tactful ways of getting your point across to people and some people are just lacking in that department.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Thanks ladies, I appreciate your input :)
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2011