Update: SIL asking for ANOTHER phone after loosing the one I gave her...

So a few days ago I posted how my SIL lost the phone I had given her that was pretty nice and she had never paid me for that phone, even though she had agreed to. Well I was mad that one she lost it and two she was asking for another one. Well I decided to be nice and give it to her, I just gave her an old one that wasn't that nice but it worked fine. The way I saw it is if she isn't willing to pay for the phone she doesn't need anything that great. Well I was hoping she would offer me SOMETHING for giving her yet another one but she always uses the oh we don't have much money excuse so I just let it go. Well that night she has our MIL babysit so they can go to dinner and a movie... That sort of made me mad but not too bad because she's just selfish like that. Well I went over to my MILs that night and met my DH there because we were having dinner with them, well he was there when they dropped off my niece and she started asking my DH about the phone I just had. I got a new one about two weeks ago that he had bought me so I have a very nice and NEW blackberry just laying around but with her not paying us for anything I didn't even consider letting her have it. Well he told her he was trying to sell it cuz we needed the money and she goes oh well I need a smartphone so can I have it? I mean REALLY!? She wants a THIRD free phone from us? She never does ANYTHING to help us at all. Nothing. We watch her kids, have her over for dinner, DH works on her car, fixes stuff around her house... and she wants a phone when we already said we need the money...and not because we go out every weekend and blow our money. Ughhh today she came over hitting me up for the phone and I told her it was already sold.... its not. She got upset and I was like we needed that money, and she still was upset and was like well I need it. Ughhh sorry just venting.

What was I supposed to do just keep giving her handouts? Its ridiculous. Sorry its soo long lol!

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah, don't give her anything!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Did I mention she also came over to pick up my niece after going out all weekend and didn't have enough money to pay me for babysitting today, and still was asking for the phone when she was already told she can have it IF she pays for it for how much we're selling it for.... If she can't pay me for childcare how can she pay for a phone??
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• STOP GIVING HER THINGS! Easy, isn't it? And have your husband read what you wrote above. She's taking advantage and he's enabling her'

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• HA are you related to my MIL?!?!? seriously i wouldnt keep giving her things
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011