need a good chicken soup recipe, no noodles.

vanessa83

Asked by vanessa83 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i throw in a chicken and any veggies I can think of from mushrooms to carrots to potatoes to spinach and whatever else you like, broccoli califlower... I put a whole onion in also with the ends cut off and discard it.. and i put fresh garlic in.... I start the chicken first boiling for about an hour and then I add the veggies so they aren't overcooked...and cook for another 40 minutes to an hour or just simmer it... I don't have an exact recipe, but I love alot of veggies in my soup...and I take the fat off the top with a spoon... you might want to check cooking times per lb for chicken... every time we make our chicken veggie soup it comes out different and delicious. XOXO
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 5:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• oh and you put the onion in at the beginning with the chicken and seasonings of choice... like "parsely, sage, rosemary and thyme" and don't limit yourself to the veggies i have listed.. be creative throw in what you like and enjoy!
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 5:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i also like a saltier soup.. salt to taste... and season to taste. ;-)
    YasminBoheme

• celery, cabbage, pea pods, grean beans.... I am getting hungry.eating

YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 5:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You can find a recipe and tutorial on my blog...just don't make the noodles :)

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com/search/label/noodles

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008