Is there anyone that has a miscarriage of their first pregnancy? How did you deal and get through it?

The reason why I asked this question is because there are sweet loving women out there that has tried for so long and gotten pregnant. And unfortunately loss the baby. I have met the sweetest girl that is grieving. Being I have not went through it myself. I wanna give her the best advice to help her heal. Is there anyone out there that has been through this that can give me the best advice to give her. I just wanna help her move forward and maybe try again. Life right now isn't the best so we all must band together and help each other. Thanks in advance for the help.

ChacesMom

Asked by ChacesMom at 10:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• In 2008 I lost my first pregnancy, and it was really hard. I think the best thing you can do for her, is just listen to what she has to say. Let her know that however she is feeling is okay. Its okay to be sad, its okay to be angry, and that it isn't her fault. Time heals all wounds. I don't think there is much advice you can give someone, or make them feel better. She is going through a normal process of grieving. She will be okay, and Im glad she has someone like you to count on :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I miscarried my first pregnancy. AFTER I miscarried I learned from the Doctor that up to 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriages...NOT a happy statistic, but one that opened my eyes to all of the women around me that are going through the same thing...

We grieved the loss of our baby, and now we're celebrating our new little one.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I lost my 1st pregnancy (twins in my 13th week). I had a D&C and got pregnant with # 2 3-4 months later. I lost that one in my 12th week. It was the hardest thing I ever had to deal with. I did however go on to have 3 children after that. I was on bedrest the entire 9 months with my son (my 3rd pregnancy) but he got here. My 2 daughters were a peice of cake. Just be there for her, listen, and be a good friend. It gets easier. Something that helped me is that I had to tell myself that there was obviously something wrong with the first babies and it was natures way of taking care of itself. It was still hard but it did help. I wish your friend luck.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I also had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy, It is hard but just let her know you are sad and grieving along with her and just over time it will get better. When she does get pregnant again she may feel scared that it will happen again and it may fell like shes walking on eggshells for the first few months scared that it will happen again as with me but all you can do is just PRAY over her and her body that all will go well next time around!
    Will keep her in my prayers.
    mamaslearning

Answer by mamaslearning at 10:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i tried for three years and finally fell pregnant, at 5 weeks i started spotting and they did a couple of u/s and found there was no baby just a sac that was dying. it was heart-wrenching. i cried and cried for weeks, maybe months. time heals all wounds, though you can't speed up time. i suggest getting her a nice card and let her know you are there for her IF she wants to talk. i'm not a big talker, i deal with my emotions myself. i talked to my dh and we got through it together. my aunt helped me through it too, she came and took me to the hospital for my d&c and waited for me after to take me home. she made sure i was comfortable for the night before going home.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2011