Fleas:;

I just got a new kitten & i have another kitten& then a grown cat. all together 3.
The kitten brought home fleas i didnt see them until i brought it home & about a week later i seen them i gave him a bath &i pick tons out but, my 6month old daughter crawls so im really worried about what kind of flea stuff to use on the rug...? Any ideas?

& of course on the cats?

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 10:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pets

• i'd be worried too..when u first get a cat you must leave it in one room for awhile (forget the amount of time)..so do that if you haven't already and don't let the baby in..then maybe after that stage i was thinking make him an outdoor cat? if you get the cat some flee medicine just make sure to keep on it otherwise the flees will just come back. yup there's my 2 cents :) GL!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• tomorrow i am buy flea collars for all 3 cats, flea baths, & the the drops on the back of the neck & flea powder for the carpet just dont let the bby crawl
    jennifer_oakley

Comment by jennifer_oakley (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• you could give all the cats a flea dip and then put a flea collar in the vacuume cleaner bag and vacuume the rug, couches, etc. really good. if you don't get any bites or anything then you know they're gone lol. if they're going to be indoor / outdoor they will need a flea collar too or frontline to keep the fleas away
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• We have an all in one flea/worm prevention we use on our cat. I forgot what its called right off but it might be something you want to ask your vet about.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The best I've found is "FRONTLINE PLUS" - it works fast and lasts! I use it on my Pomeranian but I know they have it for cats too! Also, it is gentler than most products out there!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• flea collars don't work, they just chase the fleas to the body and away from the head, don't waste the money, wash kitten with Dawn as it suffocates the fleas and get something called CapStar which kills all fleas on kitten within 12 hours, works on adults, too. The adult cats can be on Comfortis (expensive but worth it) As far as your rugs, A flea spray and then a very very thurough vaccuming with a fresh bag ( throw the bag away away after wards as any fleas that were not killed can figure a way out of the bag) Sneaky lil critters. That's what we had to do.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds like you'll have to bomb the place ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• flea bomb, that is ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011