Husband telling people we aren't married

my husband and i have been married for 3 months and we did it in the court house, we are having a "real" wedding next spring. my family doesn't know we are married but all of my friends know, and he even had the b*lls to tell me he thought i didnt want to be married to him because my family didnt know, i am just not telling them yet because they wont take this wedding seriosuly and wont be as supportive if they already know we are married. anyways. my husband grew up in foster care so has no real "family" but has very close friends that he talks with every day, and i guess i just assumed they knew. well i changed my last name on my facebook account and one of those friends asked him if we were married and he said no.... im freaking heart broken and he cant understand why im upset....

julie.f

Asked by julie.f at 10:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• You won't tell your family, but you are angry he won't tell his friend? That makes no sense.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree with pookiekins34. Unless this was a female friend.....then I can understand your worries.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• well i guess you know how he feels now hunh?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree with the first poster. Maybe he thought that he wasn't supposed to tell people so your parents don't find out or get mad that everyone but them knew about it. Personally, I would have already told my parents.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I'm in total agreement.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• He was probably just doing it so your family wouldn't find out somehow. I mean I understand why you are upset but try not to let it get to you, there was probably a reason for it. He also could have been trying to make you see how he feels about your family not knowing... I know you have a good reason but still, he's a guy and they think differently so just try not to let it get to you and talk to him about why he did it. It probably isn't because of why you think... I know it hurt but try not to focus on it and enjoy your new marriage! And your wedding coming up! This will pass and soon everyone will know you're married and this who knows and who doesn't know thing will all be over! Good luck
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I think you are wrong for expecting something from him that you can not do yourself.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Wow, you don't have the "b*lls (your words) to tell your family yet you are upset with him for not having the B*lls to tell his friend? You should both be happy and proud enough to shout it from the rooftop and allow everyone to hear it.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don't agree with pookiekins..you don't want to disappoint your family but try to impress friends. I would completely feel like he was ashamed of me. Not telling family so that the wedding will still be a big deal is different than not telling friends for whatever reason.

Vanessa1826

Answer by Vanessa1826 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Sorry, hon. You can't have it both ways. Own up to the marriage.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011