How do i explain to my daughter i dnt want to be with her father ?

i dnt understand how to tell my daughter

jayden_2007_mom

Asked by jayden_2007_mom at 10:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You don't. I would only tell her that daddy is going to live somewhere else now and let her ask all the questions. You can answer her questions when she asks them.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It sounds like your daughter is too young to need to know the details... A simple "mommy and daddy don't live together, but we both love you very much" should suffice if she's of preschooler age!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• She won't remember!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i would just say mommy and daddy will not be living together any more but we both love you and that wont change anything. and like a previous poster suggested let her ask the questions.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just had that talk last week it was not fun! But she knows we love her both...very much .
    Blakesgirl31

Answer by Blakesgirl31 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• she wont understand at all.she will just see daddy n mommy arent together like normal.but as long as hes still in her life it wil not effect her growing up n wont turn to hte either.just tell her daddy going bye bye,or work n see him soon okay,then distraact her with a game or snack so wont turn into crying
    ramirezfamilia

Answer by ramirezfamilia at 7:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You don't. I would only tell her that daddy is going to live somewhere else now and let her ask all the questions. You can answer her questions when she asks them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2011