What would you do?

My daugther is almost five now, but I was just curious. What would you do if your child grow and was gay??? Me personally I wouldnt mind if she was. Believe me or not, if shes happy then I will be happy 100% for her. Gay people have never ever bothered me. Hubby has a gay friend, its no biggie to us. My question is what would you,do if your son or daughter grow up and became gay?

Princesaof1

Asked by Princesaof1 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• My children will always be my children, and I will always love them the same no matter what.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• nothing different than if they weren't. i want them to be successful in school and find a good career. i want them to be happy. i would only care about their partner if i didn't like them (but that would be the same if they were straight). there are alot of gay people in my family (my aunt, 2 cousins and one who had a sex change). not even the old people give a crap about people being gay in my family. maybe we're special i don't know lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I won't lie, I would probably be disappoited, but I'd still love my child... I have gay and lesbian friends, it doesn't bother me...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You don't become gay. You either are or you aren't. As long as he's happy, that's all that matters to me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Love them just the same. But I think I would go through a grieving process tho. No one expects their children to grow up to be different, in any way. I think mourning the life you thought they would have would be normal.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• take her to the doctor. lol....just kidding. i would hope she would give me natural grandchildren that is all i would want. as long as the partner loves her like i love her its all that is important.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• People do not

grow and become gay..

Gay people are born gay...

Either way I would love my daughter and stand by her...gay or not!

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have 3 boys, and if any of them said "mum I am gay" that would not change anything-- they would still be my children and I would still love them unconditionally. The only things I would get upset about is if family members bash them for their lifestyle, (and I would have words with those family members stand up for and stand by my child!!) OR if I did not like my son's partner (that would go for either gay/straight relationship).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• To me, it's not really my business who my child decides to love, as long as that person love my child(ren) back. I think my Dh might have a harder time accepting it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LOVE THEM! THEY ARE A PART OF YOU! Read the research, it is in their genes, not that they got it from you, but with the mix of you and their dad together the gene or really genes were created. There is nothing wrong with wanting your child to be happy in life, so let them be happy with who they are and what they do, may it be a productive job and not illegal. I hope for my children to be happy, productive taller than me citizens in this country or wherever they choose to live.  Oh, and lets hope that who every they may be with treats them with the respect that they deserve.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 1:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011