Mucus plug?

This is my 2nd pregnancy, I'm a little over 38 weeks. I am 1 cm. I havent lost my mucus plug or any pieces of it. I have had increased creamy white discharge. With my 1st I lost it in pieces over a few weeks. Is it normal not to lose your plug in 2nd pregnancies? Or is the creamy white discharge my plug this time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I actually never lost my plug until my third pregnancy, so not to lose it at all is perfectly normal. The discharge could be anything, really...hormones changing preparing for delivery, maybe? Regardless, unless there are other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about either the discharge or not losing your plug.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Other symptoms being cramping, increased braxtons, lower back pain, increased severe pelvic pressure
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• That definitely just sounds like end of pregnancy misery. I meant more like itching or smell from the discharge. Sounds normal, and hopefully you'll be holding your baby very soon!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• With my first pregnancy, I lost my mucus plug all at once at the onset of labor. But I understand that with subsequent pregnancies, it's normal to not have any sign of it (per What to Expect). As long as the discharge isn't itching or smelly, you should still be good to go until you have some more symptoms. If you're trying to speed things along, be sure to do a daily walk as much as you can, and if you kill some time getting romantic with your fella it may help nature take its course!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2011