Who works 3rd shift?

I will be starting a 3rd shift job in two weeks, how did you work it in the beginning? All the jobs I've had have been 1st shift so I'm kind of nervous about all of this.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I love 3rd shift,I am a night person. Maybe your day can end when DH comes home and you can sleep a few hours,also if kids sleep in take advantage .Good luck,I hope things work out for you
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I can not do 3rd shift I worked it years ago and never adjusted....I did it for like a year.
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 11:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I did it for 10 years. It is all dependent on your ability to sleep during the day. I never adjusted and was sick all of the time. The only way I survived was by working part time (32 hours/wk before kids and 24 hours/wk after kids). I was never able to sleep more than 4 hours during the day. Suggestions: dark out shades and fans, ear plugs and eye shades. Melatonin and Tylenol PMs- GL. I loved day shift!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I did it for three years, will probably never do it again. I am a night person but I also couldn't get a a good balance of sleep and time with my family during the day. I stopped working third shift over five years ago and I still have not been able to get my sleep schedule back on track. Oh and I am a night person. It seemed like every night a 2 or 3 I would hit a wall though.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I love working over night! i am a night owl! Plus u only have to deal with 2 other people on your job! Less personalities and attitudes!! I don't mind the customers,they r great!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Tea or coffee will be your friend and give u the pick up u need to get through your night! What kind of work will u be doing? message me! We will talk!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• bumped ya
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011