Anyone have an HE washer they hate?

Trying to get a new washer, but these things sound like pure crap. Talk to me about your washer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I own an HE washer (brand most people cannot afford) and love it. It uses a lot less water and uses it more efficiently. Because it uses less water AND wrings more out during the spin cycle, the dryer doesn't have to run as long so that saves power.

They are not pure crap - most people do not read their owner's manual - it clearly states to leave the door slightly ajar after a load or to wipe down the seal. Top loaders have the same issues, you just don't see it because the rubber seals in top loaders aren't visible. You can get top load HE washers.

The key with HE washers is that they use less detergent, less water, less energy and in turn because they use less water, dryers work faster using less energy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have the Whirlpool duet HE and I love it, I've always left the door wide open after washing out of habbit because thats what my mom taught me even with her old top loader and so I've never had a problem with it and I've found it gets things cleaner than our regular old top loader did
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 8:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have a wirlpool
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I dont have a HE washer. I do plan to get one eventually.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I want one really bad.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011