Would you go through your lover's personal items??

My dh goes through my personal items, such as my phone a lot and it annoys me.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I didn't before he cheated...

• It depends. I used to a lot but now I don't. I got my trust issues worked out and I'm a happier person for it.

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• only if I thought he was being dishonest with me. I don't like to be played like a fool. Luckily I don't have to do that with my gh but I did with my 1st husband. That is how I found out for a fact that he was cheating. I have been with my current husband for 18 years and I couldn't tell you what he has on his phone, computer, or email. He gives me NO reason to suspect anything.

Answer by zoomomto3 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i didnt until he cheated either, i backed off until recently when his new friend gave me some concerns

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I do, but not because I am sneaking, usually because he asks me to, if his phone goes off and he doesn't feel like answering or responding he asks me to do it for him. He also does the same for me sometimes. We trust each other, the only time I went "snooping" was when I thought he was lying to be about smoking after he told me that he had quit, I was right about that one.

Answer by AF4life at 12:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I know I would not like it if he went thru my things, --not that I have anything interesting or anything to hide I just don't like people getting into my stuff--- so I leave his things alone and I don't snoop. Besides, I trust my hubs and in our 22 yrs together he has never given my any reason not to trust him.

Answer by MizLee at 12:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would if I had reason to believe he was being dishonest about something but other than that no.

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I dont care if dh goes thru my stuff ... I have nothing to hide & the same should go for him.

In fact if DH started searching my stuff Id 1.Laugh 2. Wonder if he has a guilty conscious & would have to check it out.

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The only time I ever did that was actually an accident at first LOL . I'm not very good with smart phones to say the very least lol... anywho my ex bf and I were away for the weekend and i borrowed his phone because mine had died. I hit the wrong button and it brought up his texts by accident and it showed the first little bits of the texts and when I saw "I can't wait to see you...." and since my name wasn't attached to the message I got curious... That's when I found out he was a lying, cheating you know what lol.

Now I've met my fiance and we trust eachother and I've never been bothered or even curious to read his texts or anything. We both leave our phones out and about, never locked and if he wanted to go through my phone he could I wouldn't be bothered as I have nothing to hide and he's the same way... :)

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011