Do you and your husband work different shifts?

How does it work out for you guys?
What's your schedule like?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes. My hubs works days from 6am-2:30pm (he also commutes 1hr each way). I work from home, and work 8hrs/day. Most of my work I do in the evenings, when hubs is home to take charge of the kids. Most nights I am up till midnight working, and poor hubs usually ends up falling asleep in the livingroom and then when I am done I wake him up so he can go to bed. (my office space is in my bedroom-- unfortunately there is no other place for it). When school starts and all 3 of mine will be in school full time I do plan to change my work hours and work when the kids are in school.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My S.O works 5am sometimes 4am to 1:30pm sometimes later, more like 3:30pm. I work either 8am to 6pm or 7am to 5pm. We are both really worn out. He has his afternoons free, while I work BUT I get Tuesdays off while he works. I do see him for lunch tho :) We work a lot. I work 4, 10 hr days and he works 5, 8 or 10 hours days. Thankfully, we both work Mon-Fri and are night owls, so we do spend sometime together. We get 10pm to 12am to hang out with each other and in the evenings when my son is with his dad we get 6:30 to 8pm to spend together if we aren't busy running errands or taking care of important crap lol which happens to be every other day. We also get every other weekend just to spend with each other when my son's with his dad from Fri evening to Sunday evening. I just recently started to work. I do have to say our relationship was more intune like deeper when I wasn't working, but life is life. Working is reality.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not anymore. When the kids were little, I worked the overnight and my husband worked days. He took the kids to school or dc in the am and I picked them up after school-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Years ago, I worked 4 days a week, 8-3. I left early as I would do the office banking on my way home & usually made it home by 4. DH worked 5 pm to 2 am. It worked for us as I would get the kids up in the morning so he could sleep in a bit, then I would give him DS who was 1 at the time & I would walk DD to the bus & leave for work. We would also have that hour in the evening, plus weekends. It was tough not seeing each other but we made it work, plus we were able to save up (I was pregnant with another DD at the time & planed to stay home when she was born). It also gave each of us time alone with the kids which was special.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No, I've never had to deal with that luckily.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011