Jobs in the beauty industry

How much does people in the beauty industry usually make, such as a beauty salon owner?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Well it depends? Do you just want to own? Or do hair as well?

I ate crow and took a lot of shit when I got out of school. I've been doing hair for six years now and I must say I'm where I want to be. I rent a chair. I take home everything I do. I make a decent enough living that I only work one to two days a week. I don't want to own! That's a lot of licensing and responsibility. Palmist every owner I know is stressed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Almost every owner I know! Sorry typos.

When you start out of beauty school you can range from $6-$8 at most chains plus tips. Some go commission only, which varies and is risky if you don't have clients. Or rent a chair. You pay weekly. And keep the rest, and pay your own taxes.

As a make up artist I get about $300-800 per wedding party. $200 for professional magazine shoots.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My husband owns a 3,000sq ft babershop/salon and he does really well. But it's all about how good you are doing hair and the people who works there also. If you are the best hair person around then people would wait hours for you and the other workers. We are from NC and my husband has people coming 2hrs just to get a hair cut from him. and he cuts hair from 8am in the morning until 10pm at night. Good luck :))
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 7:38 AM on Jul. 9, 2011