DH gets mad when I do the same to him

My dh goes through my personal belongings like my phone. So today I decided to the same to him just to let him know how it feels. Well, I found out that he texted a number that was unknown to me at 3:00 am and when I questioned him about it he didn't give me a straight answer and gets annoyed with me. What do you think ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Why does he do that? Do you let him? Seems he has some mistrust, maybe stemming from his own shady behavior. Sounds fishy to me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I agree with musicpisces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If he goes through your phone, he should have no problem with you doing the same, unless he has something to hide.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'd remind him "what's good for the gander is good for the goose" so if he does not want you 'snooping' thru his phone, then maybe he had better start keeping his hands off your phone! Remind him that 'for each action there is a reaction' and in this case-- it is payback! Each time he touches your phone, you will touch his.... until he gets the message and starts keeping his hands to his own stuff!
    (I would also consider putting a locking code on the phone.... so he can't access it).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I TELL MY DH THAT WE LIVE ON A TWO WAY STREET, WHATS GOOD FOR HIM IS GOOD FOR ME. I DO NOT TOLERATE A DOUBLE STANDARD, IF HIS IS HURTING YOU LET HIM KNOW, AND CALL THE NUMBER THAT HE SENT A TEXT TO AT A MORE REASONABLE HOUR AND SEE WHO ANSWER, DON'T BE UP SET WITH WHO EVER IS ON THE OTHER END, START WITH DH. GOOD LUCK

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 12:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If he has nothing to hide it shouldn't be a big deal for him to let you see his phone... Sounds shady to me... Good luck hun.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Hmmm... Sounds fishy
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i would have written the number down and called it. if it were my husband doing that to me and believe me at one point my soon to be ex husband did go through my phone and computer and my fb all the time before i left him. he even set my webcam to record the second the computer turned on. it pissed me off yet he jumped all over me when i did the same to him and come to find out he was sexting his ex the day before we got married i was disgusted. He'd even try to make out messages to be more then what they were.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2011