Failure to thrive in 11 month old???

I am hoping someone has been through this or knows someone who has..
My son is 11 months old and is 17 1/2 lbs and 27 1/2 inches.. the numbers seem great but he was this exact size at 6 months!! Up until 6 months he was gaining weight and growing great in the low pertcentile but still good for his own traking.. I dont understand why he has stopped growing? Up until he was 6 months his reflux was horrible!!! Constantly throwing up and pooping all the time, but now he doesn't throw up half as much and eats more but isn't growing? He drinks 4-5 7 oz bottles a day, plus 4 stage 2 baby foods with cereal in them and sometimes snacks in between. I tried taking the gluten out for a couple weeks but that didn't show any signs. he is also developmentally delayed and has hypotonia if that helps.. any suggestions are greatly appreciated! thanks

mikailas_mom

Asked by mikailas_mom at 12:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest was having some weight gaining issues so we fed him a lot of food which seems like what you are already doing. Our doctor also suggested feeding him higher fat foods like mashed potatoes with butter in them and she said avocado was a really good one to try. She also had us put him on otc vitamin drops called poly-vi-sol. It's made by enfamil. If he continues to not gain weight he may have some serious medical problem though. Good luck and I hope he is okay.

Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• What does the doctor say?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• she has been watching him closely since birth, we see her again fri.. i am hoping to get some suggestions for our visit to discuss.
    mikailas_mom

Comment by mikailas_mom (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• IDK, sorry! Hope dr is able to give you some answers! GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Try taking dairy/lactose out of the picture. If you nurse him, take it out of your diet entirely. If you formula feed, check your formula to make sure it doesn't have any. A dairy/lactose allergy can cause babies to stop gaining weight.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 4:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It would also explain his "reflux". Could be an allergy.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 4:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011