I cant bring myself to tell my husband...

Lately I've been in pain. I knew it had to be something with my Merena, Ive been bleeding for months nonstop. I dont have insurance for myself and have put off seeing a dr for a long time. It got to the point where I could no longer make excuses for myself. My health was in jeopardy. I found a discount clinic who based on my income and health situation, saw me for free. I had a US done & found my Merena embedded in my uterus. Today it was removed but I was advised bc of this I may not be able to conceive ever again. If I do, it may have complications. I'm devastated. I have kept the drs visits secret from my dh. I don't know why really, I was just so scared. I still am. I know at this point its just a possibility but I can't help but think negatively. We have one ds who is a month shy of 1yr old, and we planned on trying again for baby #2 in another year. How can I face my dh and tell him I may not be able to have another baby? I'm so devastated, I have no one to talk to about this and its bottled up inside of me. Hes always been supportive but I'm so scared of disappointing him. I cry all day while he's at work, then try to act okay when he's here. He knows somethin is wrong but I just can't say the words out loud.... I can't face this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• I know this must really suck for, but you need to tell him, then you will have him to lean on. Maybe consider adoption? I am so sorry this happened though, I will pray for you!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Darlin' you are stressing yourself needlessly. If he's supportive then he will support what will be. It's ok. Just tell him.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Im so sorry you have to go through this, its very hard, and i cant imagine what your going through, Just take one step at a time until you feel comfortable talking to your husband about it. But bottling it up isnt good for you, you will feel so much better once you do talk to him.
    MommyBre21

Answer by MommyBre21 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'm so sorry for all that you've been going through. I think you should talk to him and tell him. If he is as supportive as you say he is, he will understand that with bc sometimes come complications. It's not like you did something purposely to dissapoint him. Also, you don't know for sure if it's an impossibility to get pregnant or have comlications. Please stay positive and talk to him. You need him right now. I'm here for you if you want to talk.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You just need to talk to him.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Talk to him. The sooner the better for both of you. He is your other half. You both have a loss to share here together. And ITS NOT YOUR FAULT!
    Not to sound rude but after you heal from this (emotionally) try to get the word out to other ladies about what this BC can do! So many ladies put this things in their body thinking its going to be OK, and then something goes wrong. By woman telling others what has happened to them & the dangers, you can help make better choices!
    My heart goes out to you! Wishing the best for you! You never know what the future holds! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Honey, you can't take this stress alone...definitely talk to your hubby, share your worries and concerns, and hope for the best together. Doctors told my mom after she had a ectopic pregnancy that she'd never have kids, which means my sister, my brother, and myself are all miracle babies...really? They don't always have all the answers. Just take care of yourself, try to see a doctor more regularly, and cross the bridge toward having #2 when you're ready and see what happens. Will be praying for you and all the other awesome moms that sacrifice their own health because of this crap economy.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Get rid of this weight on your shoulders and talk to your DH! That's what he's there for! He can share in your grief and support you through the hard stuff. You don't have to bear all this alone. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've always been afraid to get an IUD, personally, because I thought it would hurt to get it put in. Now I see there are more dangers to worry about. I hope you find the solace you deserve in your DH.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2011