Have You Dated a Cuban Guy?

Have you dated a Cuban guy?And how do you know if he is using you? I met this guy from Havana Cuba and he seems to be very sincere and claims to have fallen head over heels for me. But, I have heard that men from Cuba are users,liars and cheaters. How do I know he is using me?He has lived in the USA for 2 yrs and recently came to my state 2 months ago for working.We have been dating for 2 weeks now and he's already talking about moving into my home with,spliting the bills.His job is across the street from where I live.His home is 20 minutes away.I have told him I'd rather wait awhile on this.He has told me he wants me and my children to go with him to Cuba for 1 week in December.The last 2 nights at 2am,his been getting phone calls.The first night he got 3 phone calls.I heard him talking,but it was in spanish.I don't know spanish well.The next night the phone rings and he didn't answer it.He claimed he didn't know who it was.I confronted him and asked him if it was another woman and he said no.That he didn't know know who it was.I told him I knew he spoke to someone the other night and he just acted dumb about it.He treats me and my kids well.But I need to know if I'm making a big mistake with this guy?What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Never dated a Cuban, but I say go with your gut instinct. If you think he's up to no good, I say keep him at bay. Big red flag is him wanting to move in with you only 2 weeks after dating. Another red flag is him not knowing who's calling him. Seriously, how often does that happen, at 2am? Don't go to Cuba with him either.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It sounds wrong. I think if he palyed dumb about something you know happened then get rid of him. Sorry, but you need to be with an honest person as well as treating you well.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• cuban or american men are men...some are good and some are never gonna mature and grow up.. dont waste time with someone who you don't trust or have questions about
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 12:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• NO, MY DH IS MEXICAN AND A COP. I WOULD NEVER TRUST A MAN THAT SO QUICKLY INTERESTED IN MOVING IN WITH YOU. IT IS ALSO VERY HARD TO TRUST SOMEONE WHO IS ON THE PHONE AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT EVEN WHEN THEY ARE AN INVESTIAGTOR FOR THE POLICE. IF YOU HAVE A DD I'M SORRY HE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO LIVE WITH ME UNTIL I COULD FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HIM. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ETHINICTY.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 12:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2011