What is a good hobby?

I would like to find a not so expensive craft hobbie to get into, such as scrapbooks etc. What you think?

jesspraise35

Asked by jesspraise35 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you have a Dollar Tree store in the area, you can do scrapbooking really inexpensively. I have bought scrapbook stickers and paper and other decorative items there, they have some CUTE stuff, and its only $1 each. Dollar Tree is honestly one of the best $1 stores around.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Scrapbooking is great. I love it and Walmart has everything you need very cheap. I also buy the plastic string to make lanyards. I know that it is so summer camp but you'd be surprised how relaxing that can be when you're winding down in front of the tube at night.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 5:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Hmm good question!

I would say do something that you are really gifted in or just love doing. And in this case scrapbooks. I'm sure you could find items to use that does not cost a arm a leg and make it really beautiful for all to see. I also would say do it if it really brings peace to you. In my free time I make candles and the kits to make candles. So I understand having a hobby that takes you away from the bad world we live in.

Take care and let me see some pictures of your work sometime.

cmw1612

Answer by cmw1612 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Scrapbooking would be awesome because your kids would appreciate it too!
    BusyMom5x

Answer by BusyMom5x at 7:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think paper scrapbooking is extremely expensive. I do scrapbooking on the computer. You can get pretty much everything for free and when you do buy stuff it can be used over and over.
    I like to knit to relax. Yarn is cheap. It's easy and you can use the things when you are done. I'm knitting stuffed animals for Christmas presents right now. They are so cute and take about and hour and a half to make.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• writing a book. it doesnt have to be a novel or serious. just thought that run away with them selves can trun into wonderful fun stories...like the hobbit, twilight, harry potter....i know elaborate, but you cant ever tell when you imagination will take you. Childerns stories, made up of your scrapbooking ideas....hmmm, sound fun to me!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think you should "test drive" some different hobbies and see what you want to do. I get bored easily and I do stuff that keeps my mind active.

You can really put a lot of money into many different hobbies, so I would suggest that whatever you decide, set a budget of how much you are willing to spend and then don't go over that amount.
    jennmarie77

Answer by jennmarie77 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I like to make jewelry. Just simple bracelets and earrings. You can find all different beads at all different prices from the cheap acrylic to the expensive crystals. The have a lot of jewelry findings at WalMart and also good wholesale deals on the internet.
    Adria71

Answer by Adria71 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If Scrapbooking is where your true passion lies, it doesn't have to cost many $$. Yes, we've all seen pages full of elaborate embellishments, etc., but, a scrapbook basically is a collection of pictures and memories. As long as you store the photos in acid-free sleeves and use acid-free ink pens to record your thoughts, that's really all you need. Any extra enhancements or embellishments you find on sale at Dollar Tree or Big Lots, are icing on the cake! 100 years from now, our ancestors looking at our scrapbooks, are not going to judge the artwork, etc., they will be looking for common connections to us, through the photos and our words.
    grovelady

Answer by grovelady at 12:50 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My daughters and I love to cross stitch and do embroidery. They don't take up much room and can be carried in a tote bag wherever you go.

Scrapbooking is a lot of fun and you get to become very creative.

Sewing allows you a wide variety of expression, too. You can make anything from clothing to quilts to home decor!

Growing a garden is a hobby that takes patience and nurturing. It allows you to become creative and you learn about nature. Your children can even help. You can also expand the beauty beyond the plants to the surrounding area by adding mulch, borders, and decorative garden items.

Stencilling is always a fun and relaxing hobby to do. I had a home in Maine and went stencil crazy in the house, in a modest way. I learned to blend colors, shade, and feather. I created boarders, cover-ups for boo-boo's on the walls, and cute little charming things like flowers and kittens in a corner or someplace.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2008