Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been tryin all my time that ive been this childs step mother to get alone with her and nothing i do is never good enough i have wrote her to letter to ask her to tell me what did i do ti have and what is her problem but she will not resopond

and when we have family things together she make me fee so uncomfertable and he is grow she is 26yrs and she come to the house and will notr speak and ive had this conversation with her da and he think when she read to come aroud shr wil and my hubby and i have been married 16yrs and my kids and nothing like them.and im tire of this separated family i need help fast

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • please a coment i need help

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

  • Holy cow, after all this time and she is still a hag? I doubt you can change her now but id be really nice to her. You catch more bees with honey!

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

  • Sounds like to me that she isnt gonna come around. i have had the same problem. Finally i just asserted myself to her face and was like "Ok lady what is your problem?!" I kinda cornered her a little when i did it and she responded finally. She came to realize that i am a really nice person but i am NOT a pushover. Give it a try. Tell her that if she does not at least make an effort to be friendly she is only hurting herself and her child. If that doesnt work then ignore her the way she does you... but be RUDE about it. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander! Wish you the best of luck!! I know how hard it is to deal with!

    Answer by bercasto at 1:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

  • She is a adult and the only thing you can really do is try to be nice to her. Send her birthday cards. Be polite at family gathering. Send her a pair of earring with a little note. "saw them and thought they would look great on you". Just try to be as nice and polite as can be and see what happens. You get more with honey than you do with vinagar. Buy her child a special gift now and then and mail it with a little note. If you stand back and stop trying so hard, she may back off. Sounds like she has a little resentment and feels she must be loyal to her mother.

    Answer by BrendaW. at 2:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

  • I agree that you should confront her face to face. If she won't let you get her alone for the discussion than just come right out and say it! Get that elephant out into the conversation! If nothing else, you will feel better for getting it off your chest. I would say somthing like this.... SD, what is your problem with me?! I have tried to be your friend and I care about you. I have tried for 16 years! Me and your father are happy together. Why can't you even be polite to me! Even if it's just for him or out of common human decency!... Than await response. If you get no response or sarcasm, snub... Etc than tell her you are done trying. Than mean it. Time to disengage and stop beating yourself up about it.

    Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

  • You need to sit down and talk with her about the situation, and then maybe try being a friend by taking her shopping or to a movie have some one on one time

    Answer by Momabear455 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.