Are relationships suppose to be where everywhere you go you have to tell your spouse where you are?

I go to the store and he freaks if I change where I am going. Well that and I am new to his state. I don't always know how to get places.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 1:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• it is considerate to let your mate know where you are going to be but it is not normal for a mate to freak out when you change your mind while running around doing errands just because on a whim you change your mind. I mean you can say your going to a BP gas station but see that the Shell station is cheaper so you go there instead, no reason for a freak out by the other mate.....but if you say Macys and turn up at a mall across town for old navy....some guys would get weird and wonder what your up to.
    the thing is....has he been cheated on? if so you need to assure him you can be trusted and it takes alot of time to get him to understand not all women cheat. if he has never been cheated on then his behavior is learned from a family member. Just have alot of calm conversations with him when those moments are right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'd say it is a common courtesy to say "Hey hon I'm running to the store", or "Do you need anything while I'm at the mall?"
    If he texts you every 5 seconds like what are you doing, who are you with kinda shit, then I'd say you are with a controlling man.

I drive a lot for my job, so usually I call when I arrive, or when I'm leaving the party to let him know I'm ok.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I guess I do need to let him know where I am at.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Here is a good point about letting those you live with know where you are.......
    I went to the library a few weeks back and have a 6 yr old in a summer program. my daughter at home and without knowing where I would be because I never left a note or knocked on her bedroom door to tell her I was leaving.
    my son got hurt that day and needed an ER

one of the caregivers has my daughters cell number and he texted her, she found out where my husband was and told him about the accident and he went to get him but was mad at me because he had to leave work and if I would have left a note then the library could have been called or something to that effect because I hate cell phones and do not carry one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I let my husband know only if he calls me or if he is at home. He trusts me and at the end of the day I tell him how my day went.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If he is home, i tell him where i am going (a fauge explanation) I don't give him detailed like I am going to Krogers, then Meijers, then maybe to starbucks. I tell him I have errands and going to some stores and will be back.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Maybe he is concerned with your safety? I always let my DH know where I'm going, just in case I get a flat and don't show up, or something happens at the store I'm going to or whatever. All the women's safety info that I've read tells you to let someone know where you are going, so that's what I do. My DH gets worried about me, and I know I get worried if I don't know where my DH is and when he might be home.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I always tell my husband where I am. It is considerate and if something happens he know where to find me.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You should let him know where you are going since he may worry, however, as far as him having to know your every move that is ridiculous, you need trust for a relationship to last.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2011