My daughter has her Facebook set so i am blocked UPDATE

Well, after panicking because I found out that my 14 year old has 3 things on Facebook blocked from me. She went to the bathroom and my husband ran over to her computer and looked. Relationship status says she is married to some boy she has a crush on. Religion is blocked from me but it is blank. Family is blocked from me but it is blank. So the only thing she is hiding is her crush. I don't feel so bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell her due to her age, you are to have full access to her facebook. Thats how it is here. My concern is to protect a daughter. There are nuts out there and she needs to be protected from. You are the parent, tell her to take the block off or she loses her computer. Final answer.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 2:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My kid hides shit, its gone.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Glad that she's not hiding anything major, but hopefully you can establish that unless you have full access, know her password, and she understands that what she puts on Facebook can be seen by you at all times, she can't have one. I'm going through the same thing...I want to give her her privacy and independence, but I can't trust that she's making wise decisions yet.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 3:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Maybe she just wanted her privacy. I block a lot of things from a lot of ppl on FB. not everyone needs to know everything and @ that age I def. didn't want my mom knowing the real deal on my life
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 2:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Well , Thats good .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Well I think she is trying to establish some freedom. Like I said, she is a really good kid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My son is too so I don't check it much. It doesn't sound like shes hiding anything to be worried about :)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I thought in your other question you said you knew what it said already because someone else told you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• So if she starts talking to strangers and you have no idea that she is there is no issue right? It is freedom right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2011