Is something wrong with a two year old who won't sleep or take naps?

Elodiesmom911

Asked by Elodiesmom911 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as your little one is getting sleep at some point in the day/night, he/she is probably fine. You didn't really explain much in your question, but I'd say no it's pretty normal. My daughter is nearly 3 and has never slept through the night; she only sometimes takes a nap.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• For you, yes, it's a problem. I get it, totally. However, I'm gonna go with the PP on this one and say that it sounds completely normal to me.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 4:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Totally normal. My son is almost 3 and hasn't napped consistently in 6 months. He'll take one nap a week, if that. He gets plenty of sleep at night and has a quiet time during the day. As long as your child is getting enough sleep at night, isn't cranky and is growing fine, then don't worry about it.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• my son likes to be up half the night and refuse naps......it is a nightmare for me but he seems fine
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• how much sugar are you giving your kid? i'm not just talking about candy and cookies, which my 22 month old has no clue about. the only cookies she knows of are ginger snaps, and nilla wafers. what kind of juice are you serving and how much? i serve v8 splash, and water it down half and half. my kid sleeps like a champ. a 2 hour nap every day, and a solid 12 hours at night.
    pinkpaisley8709

Answer by pinkpaisley8709 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011