Jesus is here on earth??

I'm watching Primetime on OWN and this man is making people believe that he is Jesus! He lives in puerto Rico and has brainwashed many many people. They are wearing and tattooing 666 on their clothes and bodies. The children are growing up to believe he is Jesus! WTF! This is so ridiculous!! I have never heard of him but apparently he is a big deal in the Latin community and said that his race is superior. Jose de Jesus AKA "Jesus" is even starting to try and turn the "english speakers" into followers. If you arent marked with 666, you are not a true follower....

Wow what mess the people are getting themselves into. I can't believe this. One family were millionaires buy now live in a small apartment because they are giving their money to him. Over 2 million dollars!! They are so brainwashed and happy to have given him the money. What has the world come to?

Oh and he says he doesn't give away any if his "gifts" to the needy or homeless because it would be rude to give away gifts..are you kidding me??!!

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 3:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its just more sign that the return of the real Jesus is very close.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Oh that's sad. How can people be taken in by some charasmatic moron? Kinda pathetic really, but I do feel sorry for folks giving him stuff.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It's just what religion has been doing for thousands of years. Religions just do it on a larger scale. They take in billions of dollars, pay no taxes, and use the money to create more followers.
    How is what this guy doing any different, if not for scale?
    Shangri

Answer by Shangri at 4:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I thought 666 was the mark of the anti-christ, not Jesus. It's really sad that people are following this guy.

Charlenelna

Answer by Charlenelna at 8:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wonder how ridiculous it seemed back in the day too when Jesus was persecuted??? makes you think huh? Not saying he is at all but think about it....people reacted the same way
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• jujubean .... the problem with that analogy is that the real Jesus performed miracles and fulfilled prophecies - these false-Christs aren't doing that. And if you read Scripture, Jesus was very well accepted by people (with the exception of the Jewish leadership) right up until his trial.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I see no problem with my analogy at all. People claimed he did these things and told stories. They followed him with just as much faith. I'm not saying he is Jesus but open the mind and think how some would view the bible jesus back in the day. His persecution is no different than what we do today
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• His persecution is no different than what we do today

Oh I have no doubt of this. But there are still differences between the real Jesus and false ones. (and there are extra-Biblical witnesses to Jesus' works).
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 12:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• of course there is just like there is a difference between you and I. I was simply stating how people follow and believe so easily.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I was simply stating how people follow and believe so easily.

And what I'm saying is that with Jesus, they got substance. With these false Jesus' they have no substance. So while people may follow and believe shallow promises so easily, that was not the case with the real Jesus - he wasn't offering the shallowness that these people today are following. It's unfortunate that people follow shallowness so easily, but the real Jesus was far from shallow, ergo your analogy (as for as the followers of Christ are concerned) doesn't work.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2011