Bedtime Battles and my 3 year old...

Any idea on how to get her to SLEEP after we put her to bed? She comes out of her room multiple times after she's supposed to be in bed for the night. NOTHING works.
What do you do?

ourbabykins

Asked by ourbabykins at 4:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We let the kids come in for a cuddle with us, if they need to. Also we encourage them to hop in with each other if they need extra night-time cuddles, as we have 6 kids (it's handy that way!)! I think what's important is to make sure she feels secure and loved, so don't be too strict on the bedtime by yourself by 8pm or whatever your routine is. Lots of loving reassurance, after bath and a bedtime story...
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Maybe we should try that and see if it brings about change. Maybe it's a test to see if we're really here if she needs us?
    ourbabykins

Comment by ourbabykins (original poster) at 4:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• my daughter is almost 3 n she does same thing sometimes.maybe putting her bed too early.try taking her out n making her day busy so at night shell sleep like a baby.if she wants to nap during the day limit to like an hr at most other wise wont sleep n ull batter ur kid all night, was my mistake,never did again.i also put her fav dvd on ,tuck her bed,tell her mommy n daddy sleepy go sleep okay,so shed stay in bed.if tried get up,i tell her will trn tv off n will sleep with no more tv n light on in hallway.after that she wouldnt get out anymore
    ramirezfamilia

Answer by ramirezfamilia at 7:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Here is an awesome book to help with any toddler..I read this years ago..Read the reviews here:The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep Good Luck..
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• just keep taking her back to her room and reminding her that everyone needs their sleep
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2011