Are there any other single moms in ny/nj?

Just wondering, because I'm a newly single mom with virtually no support from my ex or my family. Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to figure things out especially with rent, child care and etc. I'd like to know how other moms in our predicament work through it in ny and nj.

nymom917

Asked by nymom917 at 5:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• i moved from new jersey right after i had my dd i hope to get back there after my school is complete. well, do you have a job? do you have a human resource department...they might be able to guide you in the right direction. if you need help with child care if you quify look into daycare assistance. it help so much while i am in school and i work also. but its only if you qualify. its not going to be easy. but there are ways to make it work. do you have friends that are supporing you? also your pedtrician is a great guide also especially for childcare . they might know people that take care of children in their home if you dont; want a centre ect. there are alot of resources on the internet. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011