How can I keep my toddler in bed?

My son is 21 months old and in a toddler bed. We had to take him out of his crib because he was climbing out of it. Every night that we put him to bed he spends at least an hour running around and jumping on his bed. Any advice?

MommyofTwo331

Asked by MommyofTwo331 at 6:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the same problem with my son, I would simply take him back to his bed, sit with him for a few minutes, rub his back and sing to him. If he got up again, we did the same thing, it took about 3 times a night for a week, but he got it. Going to bed at the same time every night helps also
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• my daughter would do the same.so what we did was lay her down,put a movie on for her n give her juice to drink until she fell sleep.favorite movies would keep he occupied n shed doze off in a heartbeat.
    ramirezfamilia

Answer by ramirezfamilia at 7:01 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I just let my dd play, but make her think that you dont want him to so he will have to be quiet and sneak it. also to the above pp, recommending juice at bedtime!!! WOW
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011