7 weeks PP question

I don't know what is wrong w/ me but I have periods of time during the day where I'm so sad for no apparent reason or I'll start crying and feeling so bad that I have nothing to look forward to?? and I have a great life, so again, what is going on?? I have no reason to be feeling this way. My husband works and I'm going back to work after August, someone please tell me this will pass !!!!! and how soon??

kdenise977

Asked by kdenise977 at 6:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will pass, no way to tell when though. You're experiencing post partem. Our hormones crash, and we have a lot of change-which good or bad is a lot of stress. Look into new mom groups in your area, often they have rotating topics and post partem is one of them, or there are groups specific to this. Hang in there, ask for help when you need it, and keep trying to remind yourself that you have a great life.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 7:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Post partum depression hun, many of us go through it. Contact your OB, they can help :) Good luck, and it does get better momma
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 7:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Seeing a DR is the best remedy, that and time, I was told that therapy can help too. I my self and going through PPD, so meassage me if you'd like to chat more.
    BellaTragedia

Answer by BellaTragedia at 8:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Talk to a doctor. PND is taken much more seriously now. YOur first two years for you and your baby must be as sound as possible. Hugs to you! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 9:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• talk to ur doctor. i went through that and mine lasted about 5 months after i had my son. my dr gave me some depression medicine and told me to start writing in a journal. something no one else will read, just u. that really helped me when i was goin through that. just dnt get discouraged and think somethings wrong with u...b.c nothing is. just about every new mom goes through it. i kno longer have to take the depression pills, and im thankful for all the help and support i got from both my dr and my family. good luck to u! i hope it passes soon
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 11:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Whats weird is that sometimes the feelings last a few hours, sometimes just a bit... I feel fine now. And as far as my doctor, she's horrible, can't even remember my name after 9 months of appts and c-section, I don't think I can talk to her about ANYTHING...she's in and out of those exam rooms in under 5 minutes, no kidding !!!
    kdenise977

Comment by kdenise977 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds like postpartum depression. First off get a new doctor! Then consult with that doctor! It happens to many women, It will pass though, but it's hard to say when, everyone is different. I had pretty bad PPD that lasted about 6 months. Good luck, and if u need to talk to someone, feel free to message me anytime! It helps Also to talk to peole about how u feel.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's absoutely normal to feel that way. I went through a faze of that. It' good to speak to your doctor about that, and keep your spouse or special someone informed so they can help you as well
    Good luck honey, it's completly normal and you will get better.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2011