Sleeping habits changed?

My 6 month old twins use to sleep from 8pm till around 5am have a bottle and go back to sleep for 2 hours. For the last week they are been waking up every hour on the hour for some reason or another. I try everything when they get up a let them cry for a little while (but that wake the other up so than I have two crying babies) bottle, holding, rocking..its just getting out of control and I need help. They get food and a bottle before bed, I have tried giving them fewer naps during the day, tried keeping them up till 9pm before putting them to bed but nothing works. I have recently gone back to work at night so I am not home to put them to bed anymore, their father does it But when I get home around midnight, 1am he is up with one if not both trying to get them to go back to sleep. I don't know what to do but I know I need to get some sleep.

amhartman0131

Asked by amhartman0131 at 7:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies sleep habits change every so often, it is natural. Are they teething? They are at the right age, if so, pain is waking them up. Have you recently started working nights? Even at 6 months, they are aware of changes. Maybe their little appetites are increasing and need some cereal before going to bed to help fill their tummy. You will just have to eliminate everything you can, and if the problem still exists, I would talk to their pediatrician.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Teething? growth spurts?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• mine is teething, so her sleep habits are off. i try teething pellets and warm milk and cereal before bedtime.
    BellaTragedia

Answer by BellaTragedia at 8:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My son already has his two bottom teeth and show no signs of getting more. (i get bite often) My daughter is teething but has been for a while they just wont pop threw. We do feed them cereal and a vegetable before bed along with a bottle. I think there days and nights are screwed up because they will fall asleep around 8am and wont get back up until 1pm. I noticed this and started waking them up at 10am and not letting them go back down for a nap until 1pm and waking them back up at 3pm.
    amhartman0131

Comment by amhartman0131 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• could be teething, my son got his bottom one when he's 4 months and around 6 or 7 months his top one came out and his sleeping schedule is not consistant. Sometime he wakes up at 1 and can't fall back asleep. When he gets his top teeth he's a lot more cranky than the bottom ones. He just want to bite everything with his gums. Also check their ear
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2011