I havent been spending as much time w/ DS as I should. Is this bad?

I am in a hard place right now. Lost my job, my car got totalled, i had to move back in w/ my dad & been having some health issues. Normally my 2yo DS is w/ me almost 24/7 but w/ all these things going on I find myself tired & impatient so for the past couple months Ive been letting my mom take him 2 days a wk & his dads mom 2 days a wk. I feel bad for not wanting him all the time but on the other hand when I have him constantly cooped up in this house we dont get along. i guess im jus feeling confused & wondering is the gma visiting arrangements ok, am i a bad mom bcuz i only want him half the week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• You are not a bad mom, at least you are smart enough to recognize being cranky with him all the time, is not a good thing. Hope your health issues get better so you can change your temporary situation and start enjoying your boy again!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 8:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• your not a bad mother. when there are alot of things going on its best of the child to be active and outside and away from you. you can be more productive and when you are with him you can put all your attention on him. when i am in school and studying i hardly see my dd and i knowi have to do what i have to do. its only temporiary. just get yourself better and work out whatever you have to do and your son will be better off if you do. hang in there mama and i am sure he is getting so spoiled with grandma and loving it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You are stressed. You recognize that. A break for his sake is not bad. Just don't over do the breaks. Get to feeling better soon.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You are not putting your child in danger, you are leaving him with people who love him and want to spend time with him, there is nothing wrong with that. It sounds like you could use a little break, there have been a lot of stressful things happen to you lately. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011