What is your plan of attack for?

getting the most school supplies for your buck? i usually get the most i can from wal-mart and then i check the post listings for any great give-a-ways. This year a college is giving away 2 bookbags full of supplies to the first 500 people so we are gonna do that. Any great deals where you live? Oh we live in fort campbell kentucky.

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 9:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in

• Also watch the adds for the office supply stores. They run ads where you can get things for as low as a penny and others that are 25 cents. I work at a retail store and we have school supplies in already and you can use coupons on those.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Have you checked local churches? There are some around here who do a free backpack thing like the college you mentioned.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We buy our's at WalMart. I don't go to the free giveaways since we can afford the supplies our children need.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I shop early so I avoid not finding things I need, our of stock, or bad selection, so I'd rather just get the stuff and not worry if its 10cents cheaper somewhere else.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We just go to Target just before school starts when everything is on sale.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wait until the sales after school starts

Answer by rkoloms at 10:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I am with rkoloms, I wait until after school starts. My son is in high school, all he needs to start is a notebook, pen and folder. Every teacher requests different things depending on the subject.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• no i haven't but thats a great idea! i have four kids to buy for and it really adds up!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Hi there fellow Ky girl, i shop walmart too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• my MIL buys them for my boys all we have to get is backpacks and lunchboxes and we can get her discount where she works for those also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011