Help with 15 month old fever

my 15 month old was taken to urgent care then sent to the er. She had a 105 fever, they tested for strep, ear infection, and they checked for a uti! Everything came back negative. Fastforward to this morning her fever is at 102 but climbing, but now her breathing seems hard and a little faster... I am calling her dr as soon as they open, but anymoms who had similar situations advice would be great! oh, she is not eating but she is drinking.... Thank you.

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 9:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you given her any motrin to help with the fever? My daughter would spike that high sometimes. Was damn scarry. Best of luck and hope she feels better soon
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Definitely give her some Motrin to keep it from spiking even higher while you wait for Dr to open. My daughter went to ER with same temp when she was 14 months. Her's was an ear infection. Good Luck!
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• They already elimenated ear infection, I had been giving her tylonel and motrin switch like the dr said but did not do ANYTHING to her fever at all!!
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2011