This or That??? hmmmm

ok...here's the thing. my boss called me into her office yesterday (which is always scary when u don't know what's going on) to tell me that she is giving me another raise. YAY!! the thing is...this yr she gave me 2 options. I can either take my raise throughout the yr or i can get it all right now as a lump sum.

What would u do?? cuz i still don't know what I wanna do..lol

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in

• I would take the lump sum!

Answer by older at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'd take it throughout the year.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If you have good stability in the job (will be there long term), then throughout the year. If not, take the lump.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• While it would be nice to have 1 lump sum- that can be too easily spent. (well for me it would be anyway). So it would probably be best to take it thruout the year.... that way you have that bit of extra $ each pay check.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• yeah i have gr8 stability...have been here for 4 yrs. i have just come into some hard times financially and the temptation of taking it now is getting to me, cuz i could get caught up and get my head above water again.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• well after thinkin bout it for a good while..i am taking the lump sum...i will get it next pay day....wooohoo!! can't wait!!
    thx all for ur input!! :0)
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2011