Spider bites on 16 month old- help!

Dd woke up w her legs full if bites. I feel awful:( any advice on what can make them less itchy and have the swelling go down? Thanks.

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• there are otc insect bit creams that should work also you could use benydril for the itching and swlling..i use it for when my dd gets bit by misquitos it works for her..gl
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• oh and mayb do another vacume sweep in her/his room under her/his bed and in the conners wear the spider could be hiding
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Oh yes- there is going to be a lot of crevas and corner vacuuming today! I feel so bad and gross (we do not live in a dirty house). She keeps itching them and looking at me w a sad and confused look on her face. Poor little sweetie:(
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• spiders get in nooooo need to feel guilty or groosed out...aww poor baby :( the benydrill will help..mayb a cool wash cloth if you dont have anything on hand right now..
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Thank you:) do you use benadryl spray or medicine? Thanks again:)
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Rub some witch hazel on her bites. It will stop the itching. How do you know it is spider bites and not bed bugs, or mosquito bits.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Spider bites???? I'm in the UK so never fear this. How horrible for you both. I'd say plaster a good antiseptic and analgestic cream on them. Poor baby.
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 9:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We do not have bed bugs. Mosquito bites leave a different mark on her. Also, she went to bed w smooth legs and woke up w the raised whitish red bumps:(
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2011