Could you be any more wrong?!!!

i just read a comment on a post from someone who was thinking about suicide. this person called her a ateention seeker and basically told her to grow up and do it already. REALLY????? now don't get me wrong there are times when i feel people post something to get attention but these are the times when we need to listen to this person not judge and give them advice or at least and ear. i have to say that due the recent bullying and all these clear signs on fb some of these suicides could have been prevented if these people were not provoked to do it. And to me this is them reaching out and trying to get help and that is the purpose right? it may not be proffesional but it's a start right? i was so outraged that this person said this to this person. i would never comment negataively to a person that seems to be struggling with a real issue and chose to seek help here. Sometimes advice from a perfect stranger where there are no strings attached really helps people. Am i alone in thinking this?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 9:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• We need to be here for those that need us.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• surprised That could have sent her over the edge!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No, I saw it too. Even if it was an attention seeker, I didn't think I would chance it. Wouldn't want that guilt of thinking I just brushed off someone who REALLY needed help.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have a family member that is a professional counselor and there are two thoughts on this but always one conclusion.

Thoughts:  The person that "talks" about it is looking for attention, usually teen and women.  The person that puts it in writing is more serious, usually no one is around them.

Conclusion:  It anyone has ever mentioned killing themselves they have the potential to do so.  That means the thought has crossed their mind.  If they have paused and gave thought to how they will do it.  Then they are 100 times more likely to do it.  If you go to a hospital/doctor and tell them you have thought about killing yourself and how, you will be committed as a danger to yourself.

This person is a bully plan and simple.  All she had to do is not post.

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Hey lenute, we speak English girl! Is that Greek??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• confusedOk....still can't read it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• That right there is a big reason why I no longer use this site very often. I can't stand the negativity.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not good.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yikes. I think something similar happened a few years ago where a gal on here was threatening suicide and her friends on CafeMom somehow knew where she was and sent a police officer over there...fortunately everything was fine. It's been so long I can't even remember what group it was in. But regardless - what a bad way to handle that, attention seeker or not. You never know...wouldn't want that on MY conscience.
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i have to agree!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2011