Are all men like this all the time?

Yesterday was a little bit of a crazy day for me.....I work at a hospital in a clinic, well yesterday I was working doing a job that normally me and another CA helps me do by myself. Well after I get off work I get a call my sister is taking my niece to the hospital she is sick, I really wanted to go but she was running a high temp, had a terrible migraine, and vomiting and I'm pregnant. So I get home to and call my boyfriend to see how his day had went, He had his drug test for Toyota that morning. So I asked him how hes day went and what all he did. "After the drug test I really didn't do nothing," he tells me. I responded saying "After the day I had wish I could say that. " He goes off on me and starts telling me that I make him feel like sh**, how he wishes he had a job and how hes trying his best to get a job. By now my temper is flaring and I'm yelling right back at him. Cause all I meant by that statement was that I had a very long and rough day. After the yelling over we both apologized and got on to other topics and everything seemed great. He told me he was going to find something to eat for supper and he promised he would call me back later. Well 10:00pm rolls around and still no phone call so I finally give up and go to bed cause I have to get up for work in the morning. Well this morning I'm at work with a few minutes to spare so I pull up facebook and just looking around passing time. When i noticed something on his profile, Instead of calling me lastnight he was goofing off on facebook playing games. It made me feel like we really didn't solve of fight lastnight and he was still mad and just told me what I wanted to hear. The fight was foolish lastnight but I apologized and he seemed like he truly forgave me, but after this morning I don't feel so certain of that. Just really let down right now.

Vivian0331

Asked by Vivian0331 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• no,not all by any means

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes most of the time what he did is normal male behavior.

Answer by louise2 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I am the wrong one to answer this question today........I could EASILY be the President of my local Man Bashing Club today. LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I've noticed lately that my DH has been extra sensitive when it comes to his job. He works a job he hates bcause he knows he has to provide for his family. Everytime I try to encourage him, he goes off the deep end and says he feels like a failure. I think your boyfriend s probably very sensitive right now about not having a job when he knows he has a baby on the way and feels like less of a man because he isn't providing right now. I think most, maybe not all, but most men have this kind of sensitivity and he might still have been feeling down on himself so he chose to distract himself by playing video games. But I think that in a general sense, this is usual male behavior
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not all are like that. Plus he may have just been playing the games to cool down and think. May be he was just trying to respect you and your pregnancy by trying to calm down before talking to you again.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• SOME men will use avoidance to deal w/ their feelings or w/ relationship problems. If you ended your conversation on a good note, I wouldn't look for problems where there probably aren't any. Since you had such a rough day, it's possible once it got to a certain time, he feared waking you up & decided not to call you back. IMO, I'd say not to make this more than it is. Take care! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Are all men like this all the time?
    ----------
    no, not all men, not all the time
    BUT
    most men are like this way too often
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sorry it did sound like you were rubbing it in a little bit. That would bother me too
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 11:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011