Does anybody need a Hippy Break?

Ladies- Wheewwww! Good Lord. Some of you are neurotic about your kids. I'm just wondering, are all new moms scary neurotic meanie- buckets? I mean really? We're all in the same position- We need to work together. Breastfeeding Mommies- stop talk trash to Formula Mommies ( their choice was formula- like yours was breastfeeding. Respect it.) Secondly- stop making people feel bad about asking for help. Giving a harsh, opinion based answer (anonymously- usually) doesn't help them, and it's not going to necessarily guilt them into your point of view. All it does is make you look like an asshole anonymously- which then also show people that you're a Pussy. STOP- stop worrying so much. Women had and raised children before medicine- before laxatives, and formula, and water treatment plants, and marriage, and all of that. If you are a happy, healthy, well- balanced person- your kids will be too. Can I get an Ayemen?!!

WhitlessWhitney

Asked by WhitlessWhitney at 6:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• haha agreed
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I hear that...
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 6:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You go girl. I don't know when we all decided that we were better than everyone or anyone else, but it pisses me off.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• okay but what does that have to do with hippies, i kinda consider myself a modern hippy but that just means free sprit, yoga, mediate, and i dont bash, i dont worry and i dont stress the small stuff. so what are you saying about hippies in the title... confused.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• AMEN
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• She is saying that hippies wouldn't act this way. Its like a lunch break, you break and eat lunch. You break from crazy uptight and act as a hippie.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Amen, think I'll go hug a tree and eat a granola bar!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• AYYYYYEMEN sista! You have to laugh at some of the morons on here that take everything so seriously. I wish someone would say anything to my face like they are so big and bad to type on here, I think I would die laughing...lol!
    TwinsMommy08

Answer by TwinsMommy08 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Mom1Stepmom1- you were right. That is what I meant. And thank you ladies! I'm just baffled in general by how caddy and malicious moms- women, in general can be to eachother! We're supposed to be sisters, not ' frienemies'!
    WhitlessWhitney

Answer by WhitlessWhitney at 6:55 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• AAAAAAMEN!! I feel you on that one. Which reminds me about this book I'm reading and so far I recommend all moms to read it! It's called "I Was a Really Good Mom Before I had Kids" by Trisha Ashwood and Amy Nobile. It discusses these issues and also that we aren't alone in Motherhood... no matter what, we all feel the same... no matter how much we may bash each other. All in all we should respect everyone's way of upbringing their children. We were all created differently for a reason :)
    Cheers!!
    Monkey-Mom

Answer by Monkey-Mom at 11:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008