Health insurance

I have moved to another state and my sons heath insurance has not switched over yet, I have to take him to the doctor this month for his 9 month check up. Can I use his out of state health insurance until he gets health insurance in this state?

urbuttacup88

Asked by urbuttacup88 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. You have apply in the state your in. We get this in the pharmacy.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• you need to call your ins. company
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If it is private health insurance, probably.
    If it is medicaid, probably not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Like the Anon said. You can not use Medicaid in a different state, if it is private then call your insurance company to get the name of a doctor. If you child is not sick than he doesn't HAVE to go to the doctor just because he is 9 months old.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If it is through the state, you have to reapply where you live now. I went through this, and only moved 2 counties away. If you take care of it ASAP, your LO probably won't be too late for the well visit. If there is something going on and she needs a doc ASAP, call the card and ask what to do.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If you have state insurance, they won't generally cover routine visits if done in another state, HOWEVER they will cover an emergency room visit.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I work for Medica health Plans in MN. You can go online medica.com. and start signing up because we have the individual plans. Otherwise certain companies offer Passport which has insurance available outside of MN.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2011