My husband...

Since me and my husband been married he has always wanted me to sing out our church (a s0lo) well i get so nervous thinking about doing it that i chicken out....well tonight he is having me sing a song that we've been practicing at home. Don't get me wrong I ABSOLUTLEY love to sing, i am just very nervous to be up in front of everyone. Has anyone ever done this, how do you over come the nervous part? Also i have a scratchy throat, of all days! Any suggestions on how to help this too?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Honey for the throat. Not sure what to tell you for the nerves. Good luck and enjoy the moment.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Tea with honey and lemon should help your throat. As for the nerves, take a deep breath and sing to one person (or something higher since you're at church). You are sharing a gift with others. You are human though so you might make a mistake but don't worry about it. No one will judge you, especially if you share that this is a new experience for you. :)

Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• this may sound gross, but drink olive oil will help with ur throat. as to the singing part...the last time i sang in public was when i was in 6th grade. lol. i got so nervous...my face got so red!! i kept my eyes closed the whole time!! lol. i think sometimes u just have to get up there and do. thats all i got. lol
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 10:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• put a little rum in your hot tea with a tablespoon of honey. the honey and tea will help your throat, the rum will help your nerves..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I am used to being in front of classrooms of adults or children for hours and hours every day without really knowing what I am going to say. Trust that you know what you're doing up there...think about how you could have a conversation with every person in the crowd...and know that even if you get up there and everything goes terribly, nobody will do anything worse than laugh and move on.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2011