how long???

how long where u in the hospital after having ur baby????
i live in colorado and my step mom says the state law says the baby has to be in the nursey for 24 hours
but both of my sisters were in there for 2 days and nothing was wrong with them or the baby
(2 days after baby was born)
so i was just wondering how long most poeple are in there

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• two days with both my girls. it's best so that the mom can get as much sleep after going through labor and delivery.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I've spent 3 days after each of my children. Then again, I've had 3 c-sections.
    mom23boys2007

Answer by mom23boys2007 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• like two days with all three. My last was a c-section and i went home a little eailer than the other two with that one.
    Anonymous

• for me and my sister its 3-4 days because we had c-sec but with my mom and my other sister who had their vaginally they had there baby and went home the next day.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had a C-section and i Stayed about two days,

I am dreading it this time too,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i went in on a saturday, had him that night, he never had to be in the nursery, he was in the room with me the whole time. i couldve gone home on sunday, but they dont like to discharge ppl on sunday b/c the doctors are off or something stupid so i had to stay until monday morning, there was nothing wrong with either of us.
    tuesdaygreen

Answer by tuesdaygreen at 6:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• WELL HERE IS MY STORY...I LIVE IN NEVADA I HAD MY GIRL BY EMERGENCY C-SECTION....AFTER I HAD MY SURGERY AND GOT TO SEE MY BABY FOR 2 MINS THEN OFF SHE WENT TO NURSERY....AFTER ABOUT 1 HOUR I GOT TO HOLD HER.....I LOVED HER SO MUCH ALREADY THAT I DIDNT WANT HER TO GO TO THE NURERY..SO SHE STAYED WITH ME IN MY ROOM....THEY WOULD COME IN MY ROO AND TAKE HER TO DO TEST AND WHAT NOT..THEN AFTER 2 DAYS THERE WAS A CODE BLUE ..(NO SURE WHATCOLOR OF CODE IT WAS).....THAT CODE MEANS THAT SOMEONE TOOK A BABY OUT OF THE NURERY AND IS TTRYING TO GET AWAY...I MADE MY MOM GO GET MY BABY AND LEABVE HER IN MY ROOM.SHE NEVER WENT BACK TO THE NURSERY I HAD A BIG FIGHT WITH THE NURSES bout them WANTING TO TAKE HER..LONG STORY BUT I STAYED IN HOSP FOR 4 DAYS AND MY BABY NEVER LEFT MY BED!!!!! YOU ARE THE PARENT AND YOU CHOOSED WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 6:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I had my son Sunday and went home Tuesday, They wanted us to stay until Wenesday but I wasn't sleeping at all. Everytime I was sleeping there was someone else coming into the room to bother me. Finally we just asked to go home early so I could rest!! But I also didn't have more children waiting for me at home and I had a lot of people coming in to help us with the new baby.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• In NC, the baby is required to stay 2 nights. You can check yourself out if you wanted to.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm in oregon, I had my son at 1pm and went home the next evening
    evansmom03

Answer by evansmom03 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008