Am I the only woman in America that can't slow dance?

I can not slow dance. Just never have. Skipped out on the dances in high school and just spent a lot of time avoiding it I guess. We have this event coming up and I don't think I'll be able to avoid it. I know this is ridiculous, but seriously, do you think I can catch the basics from youtube or something?? LOL I'd rather claim to be a bad dancer than a non dancer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• Well, I'm the only woman in America who can't fast dance....LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I highly doubt you are the only one.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The secret is to dance with someone who knows what they are doing. They will give you cues about what to do next. Take little steps and keep your feet on the floor to keep from stepping on your partner. Try your college or rec center, they may have dance classes there, or even a dance studio. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No You are not the only one!!!!!! I am a horrible slow-dancer so bad in fact that my DH & I took lessons before we got married and yes I believe Youtube will probably have lessons or is your dad or grandfather still alive ask them for tips Have fun :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You are NOT alone! lol I can slow dance alright, but I just can't fast dance at all. I'm sure there are plenty of women that can't fast dance either, but it sure doesn't feel like that when you are in the middle of a Zumba class with all these awesome-looking moves going on all around you and you can't do it. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Ur not alone! And Ive had practice.
    When i was a kid i was taught the basics by my BIL.
    18-21yo Id go to country clubs & would dance but always tell the guys "u dont know what ur getting urself into".. Some of the sweetest guys would help, count for me, or whatever... The best night out was dancing with a guy that.. He himself.. didnt know how to dance! Lots of fun.

Im sure you can learn something thru google/youtube.. What about asking someone you know to help out.. From experience if you understand the basic step of the slow dance (1-2-1-2 or is it 1-2-2-1? lol) a good "leader" will guide you easily.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No!!! I look like a clueless girl at a 7th grade formal blushing as I step all over my 8th grade crush's feet!!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011